October 3, 2011

Break

I think I'm going to be taking a partial break from this game. Not that I'll completely leave for a time, but rather I've about had it with trying to level my higher lv chars and gear them. With the streak of bad luck chipping/selling chips/raid drops coupled with a number of fail runs in the very recent past in a number of different raids, I've just plum run out of energy to keep pushing myself and pursuing a loftier goal.

For instance, I've gone through 70+ chips on my xbow and not once gotten any sensible stat. By that I mean a stat that wasn't poison, stun, or some sort of ele/mental atk. Some had only speed, never saw even one atk % stat. Not even a low atk/low speed combo. I even tried using EBs at one point - 15 chips of solid poison/stun/ele/mental atk stats.. and absolutely nothing useful.

These are chips that have been tested on 5 or so seperate occasions. In my experience if you use about 10 or so chips, and get a hint of something good - you can get a good combo within a few chips more. Finding only junk stats you won't get anything at that time, try some other time/map/channel. This time has been nothing but the same for over a week.

A crafted golden feet for Soso chipped the same way. Fortunately I had the sense to stop on the best mod I'd yet to see after xx chips - 27% atk speed. That's it. /rant

Instead (as pushing myself is only draining my already meager interest and morale) I will be leveling nub chars to vet, farming shinies, selling starters, and doing other nabbish things. Screw this trying to chip 32AR weps and sell chips for elb funding. I've had it. I'm done.

Until later
~Alz

No comments:

Post a Comment